I have asked many corporate leaders why they get up every morning and go to work. Obvious answers are, job, money, career, aspirations, challenges, success, et al. No one thinks becoming more influential at work is important.
Achieving success at work, or in life, is an eternal goal. No day is spent without questioning ourselves whether we are successful or not, to whatever extent.
Success to me is not a Big Bang event or achievement in one’s life time. Success to me is every single moment of feeling influential. It is –
- Convincing the board to approve a proposal
- Winning over colleagues on an idea or initiative
- Building trust with the boss
- Inspiring your team
- Wooing your wife to a dinner out, or
- Cajoling your kids to finish breakfast quickly.
All of these events define how ‘successful’ you are!
A good day is when all your stakeholders agree with, approve of, obey, follow, support, believe and admire you.
This to me is Success, unconditionally!