We the ChangeGlobal changemakers
We The Change is a Global Women Entrepreneurs Fellowship Program, which brings together women leaders of social enterprises, and businesses that are creating innovative solutions to critical social and environmental problems. These are the women leaders who are driving change to create a more prosperous, secure and inclusive world.
Many women in developing and emerging markets have the ideas and ambition to become successful entrepreneurs but are held back by barriers such as lack of access to business skills, technology, networks and finance. In response, the Foundation has developed an innovative solution that combines mentoring with technology to offer cross-border support to women entrepreneurs. Research shows that online mentoring makes it possible for those who might otherwise be excluded due to their gender or geographical location to participate in mentoring relationships.
We encourage applications from women entrepreneurs driven by values such as compassion, inclusion and collaboration. We match women in developing and emerging countries with mentors around the world. Using online platform like skype, web conferencing and other online applications, mentees spend 12 months working one-on-one with their mentors to achieve key business goals. Participants build their business skills and digital literacy through our trainings, and become part of a global community of committed, ambitious entrepreneurs who are invested in each other’s success. The online mentoring module followed by educative webinar sessions allows for great flexibility and cross – border networking and learning. The mentees and mentors in this Fellowship have been able to gain a fresh perspective, widen their networks to a global level and build life-changing relationships over thousands of miles.
Successful applicants who are accepted to participate in this program will be expected to make a full commitment to the following:
- Complete a baseline survey which goes into more detail about your professional experience, organizational and individual professional goals, your work-related skills, mentorship experience, and community engagement. The baseline survey will be completed and submitted to BD Foundation
- Submit regular updates to BD Foundation team for the duration of the fellowship, including completion of periodic course and program evaluations.
- Engage in periodic digital communications and public relations efforts with BD Foundation to showcase your involvement in this program and help support the socialization of BD Foundation’s social mission.
- Remain in contact with BD Foundation after participation in the fellowship in order to share success stories, etc.
- Agree to work with BD Foundation to track the growth of your business/organization for up to 3 years through methods such as surveys, phone and/or Skype calls, or additional opportunities. Mentees and mentors meet online at least one hour a month over the course of the year.
Select Mentees who have shown commitment and growth in the program would be invited for peer to peer networking for I Inspire 2018 – Annual Inclusive Leadership conference in Gurgaon, India. During this conference they get an opportunity to share their work and its progress with more than 200+ delegates from 100+ corporates.
Disclaimer – The rights to admission to the program and selection of mentee will lie with BD Foundation. The mentor-mentee pairing is done by a experienced program team; keeping in mind the challenges and goals of the mentee and the expertise of the mentor. No request to change the pairing of mentors and mentees will be acceptable
Who can Apply:
- Founder/Co Founder of a Startup or SME or NGO at least 6 months old
- Should be enthusiastic and energetic entrepreneur
- Should be innovator or risktaker
- Have an innovative Business enterprise concept answering a global challenge
- Should be at least 18 years of age but less than 35 years of age.
- Applicant should be from one of the countries – India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Philippines, Singapore, China, Thailand, Malaysia, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Indonesia.
- All Program sessions will be conducted in English and fellows must be able to converse and present fluently in English.
- The applicant must have been working in her existing organization/business for at least 6 months.
- Applicant should be interested in shaping the community dialogue about leadership and social change in their region.
Applicants are required to:
- Complete and submit online application form.
- Submit a two minute video at the close of this application about their work and why they want to be part of this Fellowship.